Monday, May 23, 2011

I Can Run For President of the United States of America For Very Little Money

Congressman Gallegly just moved to Camarillo. That is indeed a blessing for me now that gas prices are so high. I had a very insightful conversation with Tina, one of his secretaries.

I told Tina I was going to run for President of the United States. She laughed at me and told me of all the "legalities" and money that would be involved.

I have not had the time to investigate this any further, but I will not pay fees to anyone to run for President. I think I should have the right to do that as a law-abiding American citizen. If I have to, I will do it as a write-in candidate. Here is what I read on Wikipedia regarding that:

The final way to be elected for president is to have one's name written in at the time of election as a write-in candidate. This is used for candidates who did not fulfill the legal requirements to be pre-listed on the voting ticket. It is also used by voters to express a distaste for the listed candidates, by writing in an alternative candidate for president such as Mickey Mouse or comedian Stephen Colbert (whose application was voted down by the South Carolina Democratic Party). In any event, a write-in candidate has never won an election for President of the United States.

Well, I could be the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment